The Database Query Result Monitoring Management Pack is a powerful add-on for SCOM, which enables SCOM admins to easily create monitors for SQL query results with SCOM authoring templates. It is optimized for Microsoft SQL databases, while non-Microsoft SQL database query monitoring is in beta.
- Easy Authoring template to create and delete queries.
- Support for SQL Authentication.
- Dedicated views in SCOM console.
- Historical data collection.
- Monitor using consecutive samples condition and schedule filter.
- Two or three monitoring states (healthy/warning/critical).
- Recalculate state on-demand.
- Grouping of multiple queries.
Example use cases:
- Raise an alert when a database is not growing at the expected rate.
- Regularly verify a particular entry is present in a database.
- Raise a warning if a database is not updated for too long.