18 June 2015 whitepapers 2 min read
The question of Operations Manager and its future has been an undercurrent for a while now in the community and it only seems to be intensifying: “Is Operations Manager still relevant in the world of the Cloud?”
The addition of the Cloud has truly changed how we monitor in Microsoft solutions. In this whitepaper, Microsoft MVP Cameron Fuller will answer the question of the relevance of Operations Manager through researching, understanding the facts, and drawing conclusions based upon those facts. It’s time to stop ignoring the elephant in the room. It’s time to take a strong running start, make the leap, and tackle this elephant like nobody has ever done before.
To properly answer the question of this whitepaper is more complex than it sounds. We need to explore and assess the Microsoft technology landscape as it exists and to look for hints pointing us to where we may be going in the future. To cover this question effectively, the following topics are discussed in this whitepaper:
- A history of Operations Manager and what conclusions we can draw from that history
- Cloud first, mobile first, and it’s impacts on SCOM
- The Microsoft Operations Management Suite and how it compares with Operations Manager
- Monitoring available within Azure, and solutions to monitor Azure
- The Cloud Platform Stack, WAP, and Azure Stack
- Architecting Operations Manager to run in the cloud
Find out whether SCOM is still relevant in the world of the Cloud. Download the whitepaper by Microsoft MVP Cameron Fuller now.